Thursday, December 19, 2013

Repetition


  • What direction did you take the word repetition?
    • I took a literal direction on my project. I use clay, and the idea of zen tangled to execute this.
  • Tell me about your process, from idea, sketch, beginning to finish.
    • First, I search ideas on Pinterest, and after see a really cool zen tangled tree, I decided to create a zen tangled leaf. I then sketched out the leaf design. Next, I chose to use red clay, and cut out the leaf and created different, repetitive patterns for each section of the leaf. After being bisqued, I glazed it with clear glazed, and we fired it for a last time. 
  • What is at least 1 thing you feel you did successfully and why?
    • I think I was successful in creating different patterns and executing my original idea as planned.
  • What is 1 thing you would like to change about your piece and why?
    • I wish I could make the sections of the leaf more realistic and accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment